As the name suggests, this is indeed a pocket full of magic!! Amazing combination of veggies with this wheat grilled bread (pita) makes an amazing combination…. Mind you, it indeed can take a lot of stuff unlike Sandwitch… If you are a salad lover then I guarantee that you will like it even more:-)
- Wheat pita pocket – 2
- Red, green and yellow bell pepper – chopped – 1/4 cup
- Corn kernels, boiled – 1/4 cup
- Parsley chopped – 2 tsp
- Onion chopped -1/4 cup
- Cherry tomatoes – 1/4 cup
- Cucumber chopped
- Romaine lettuce leaves – 1/2 cup
- Butter for grilling pitas
- Chopped garlic (2 cloves garlic) – 1/2 tsp
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice – 1tsp
- Powdered Sumac – 1tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1tbsp
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Sumac -1 tsp
- Mash together the chopped garlic and salt using a mortar and pestle and make a paste
- Add garlic-salt paste lemon juice, black pepper and 1 tsp sumac in a salad bowl. Whisk in olive oil and set dressing aside.
- Then add all veggies in bowl and mix well.Now stuffing is ready
- Grill pita using butter. Slice in half so you get a pocket shape. Then fill the pocket with stuffing above.
- Pita is ready to eat. Serve with your favorite sauce.