Onion Thalipeet is Maharashtrian invention of paratha with amazing blend of multiple flours, spices & onions. It’s also a very unique in preparation, as mixture needs to be flattened using hands:-) It can be quick option for breakfast or a light meal. My husband’s comments when I cooked this recently at home – “I can possibly eat this three times a day, without loosing my taste!!”!!
What makes this even amazing is the combination with “Special Baingan Pickle”.. Trust me, this pickle has to be a very special recipe and it is so tasty that we end up fighting for last bite everytime!!
- Jowl flour – 1 cup
- Besan – 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour – 1/4 cup
- Onion finely chopped – 1 cup or 1 big sized
- Coriander chopped – 1/4 cup
- Grush garlic is by using a mortar and pestle – 4
- Coriander seeds- 1 Tsp [ rosted n crushed ]
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Curd – 1 Tbsp / butter milk
- Mix all the ingredients except oil in a bowl
- Add water.
- Knead the dough well
- take non stick pan and apply oil
- then take oil on your hands and place dough on the pan
- Use finger tips to pat the dough into a flat shape.
- Make a few small holes as shown above
- Use a small spoon to place tiny drops of oil into the holes in the thalipeeth and cover the pan with the lid
- Cook for 5 min
- Cook till browned and crispy on both sides, Ensure not to cook too much .
- Serve it hot with yoghurt or groundnut chutney