Sabudana Khichdi is a fasting recipe made from sago, peanuts and potatoes. It is one the most famous Maharastrian breakfast recipe:)
- Sabudana [sago] – 2 cup
- Potato chopped – 1
- Green chillies chopped – 5
- Peanut powder – 3/4 cup
- Peanut -1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Oil / ghee
- Sendha namak / indian rock salt
- Rinse Sabudana and drain the water
- Transfer the drained sabudana to a pot and sprinkle little water [1/2 cup water], just enough to ensure that they remain damp.
- Cover the pot tight and leave them overnight.
- Roast peanuts and remove the peanut skins.
- Grind the peanuts into the powder
- Mix the roasted peanuts powder and salt with the drained sabudana
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and crackle 1 tsp cumins. when they turn brown, add peanuts.
- Add chopped green chili, fry for half a minute on medium flame.
- Then add the chopped potatoes and saute them until they are cooked well
- Add sabudana and saute till the pearls become transparent on a slow flame stirring continuously.
- Serve hot with chutney
- 2 tbsp rosted peanut power, 1 green chilly, salt, sugar,curd,cumin seed grind using grinder to make thin watery chutney..