Poha Chivda is a very popular snack in Karnataka and Maharashtra..
It’s easy to prepare,very tasty and has a great shelf life.. So I normally stock them up in big container.. If you get unplanned guests at home during Diwali then this will be your savior:-)
- Thin chivda, poha -500 gms
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds (rai) – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera) -t tsp
- Green chili chopped – 5,6chili
- Curry leaves – 1/2 cup
- Red dried chili [ optional] – 2 ,3
- Peanuts – 1/2 cup
- Roasted chana [gram dal] -1/2 cup
- Coconut dried sliced – 1/2 cup
- Asafetida (hing) – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric (haldi) – 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1tsp
- chili powder – 2 tsp
Cashew – 1/2 cup
- In a pan roast the poha till it turns crispy. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil, add fried gram dal and fry till golden brown.Use a strainer to drain excess oil. Keep it aside.
- Just like above fry, cashew, ground nuts, coconut dried sliced, independently and keep them aside.
- In same pan of hot oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chili, chopped coriander
- Add salt, red chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder,Quickly mix
- Add fried cashew, ground nuts, coconut dried sliced, gram dal from step 1-4 above
- Add roasted poha, mix well
- Keep the flame on sim and gently mix the mixture so that poha is nicely coated with all the spices and becomes crispy, Adjust the seasoning if required . Switch off.Let it cool a bit . Add sugar and mix. Chivda is ready.
- Store in airtight container once it cools.Stays crisp for upto a month if handled well.