Lasoon means garlic! It is not only good for health but can give amazing taste to the food. Methi is a green vegetable which makes this dish completely healthy but very tasty too. Soft wheat roti along with Lasooni Methi Paneer makes a wonderful combination even if you have guests at home. If you don’t lick your fingers then I would be very surprised:-)
- Cloves of garlic (the big kind) -15- 20 + 2
- Paneer cut into thin stripes ( u can used Tofu also )
- Sliced onions – 2
- Diced tomatoes – 2
- Fresh/ (fenugreek) -1 cup
- Coconut milk – 1 cup or 1/2 cup [u can used fresh creme also]
- Green chili -2,3
- Chili powder – 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- 4 tbsp oil or butter [ i used butter]
- 1 tbsp butter
- chop onions, tomato and garlic
- Heat a tsp of butter in a pan. Place the cottage cheese cubes and let them roast till golden on atleast 2 sides. Once, done, set them aside.
- Take 2 tbsp butter in pan and add chopped garlic (20) in it. Fry till they become dark brown in color.
- Add sliced onions, Sauté them until they loose raw smell and onions turn translucent.
- Now add tomato, green chilies, turmeric powder,chili powder, jeera powder,and methi leaves in it. Sauté till all water gets evaporated and oil comes out. Let this mixture cool down
- Blend the sautéed mixture using minimum amount of water if required
- Add 2 tbsp butter /oil into the pan. Add the garam masala into the hot oil. Add the pureed mixture and salt. Cook for a min
- Add 1/2 / 1 cup coconut milk and mix well
- Add the golden paneer stripes in it and keep it on gas for 2 more minutes
- Turn the heat off
- Sauté the remaining two cloves of garlic (chopped) in a tsp of butter and drizzle over the curry
- Your dish is ready now and let it simmer on the flame for a min
- The methi leaves can be replace with spinach
- Replace paneer with roast tofu and use vegetable butter for the garlic drizzle.