Tawa Paneer masala is semi-dry paneer dish made with paneer, onions, capsicum and tomatoes. This is restaurant style paneer tawa masala.As the name says paneer tawa masala, it is made on tawa..its so yummy
- Paneer/cottage cheese – 200 to 250 gms
- Onion finely chopped – 1 large
- Capsicum – 1 medium
- Tomatoes, chopped – 3 medium
- Garlic and ginger paste – 1tbsp
- Green chili, chopped – 1
- Carom seeds/ajwain – 1/2 tspC
- Coriander powder -1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4t sp
- Pav bhaji masala – 1 tsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Crushed kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves – 1/2 tsp
- salt as required
- few chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- finely chop the onions and capsicum/green bell pepper. and roughly chop the tomatoes, green chili
- add the chopped tomatoes in a blender and make a smooth puree. keep aside.
- chop the paneer in 1/2 inch cubes.
- melt butter on a tawa
- add the carom seeds/ajwain and fry them for a few seconds or till aromatic.
- add the onions and saute till translucent.
- add the ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, finely chopped capsicum/green bell pepper and saute for about 3 minutes.
- then add the red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and pav bhaji masala. pav bhaji masala,
- stir and saute for about a minute.
- then add the tomato puree and salt.
- stir well and saute till you see butter releasing from the sides and the masala has thickened a bit. this takes about 8 to 10 minutes on a low flame.
- if the tomato masala looks dry, then add 1 or 2 tbsp of water and continue to saute.
- add the paneer cubes and stir well, so that the masala coats the paneer cubes evenly.
- cook the paneer for 1 to 2 minutes. then add the crushed kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves. stir very well and switch off the flame.
- garnish with coriander leaves and serve tawa paneer masala with chapatis, phulkas, naan or bread.
- while serving paneer taw masala drizzle some lemon juice on top and garnish with coriander leaves.
- if you don’t have tawa then you can easily use a frying pan or a medium skillet. if using a tawa, then use a medium sized or a large tawa, so that the food does not spill from the sides while cooking.