Indians love their favorite chaat wala and spend many a evening eating their favorite, masala puri ,shev puri or pani puri, relishing its magical, addictive flavors like there’s no tomorrow.and why not? Its comforting food that warms the palate, delicious and economical on the wallet.
- Maida – 1 cup
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Carom seed – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Take a wide plate and add the maida, oil, and all ingredients, salt and combine.
- Slowly add water and make a smooth dough.
- Leave aside covered with damp cloth for 15 mts.
- Knead the dough again for a minute
- Pinch off some dough and make very small balls. Roll out small thin rotis.
- Make deep dents in the roti using a fork or knife.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a heavy bottomed vessel. It should be on medium high and once its hot, slide the roti into the hot oil and allow to cook. Flip over and fry the other side till light golden brown. Don’t fry too much as it will turns too dark. Remove on to absorbent paper.
- Cool and store in an air tight container and use when required.
How to make Papdi Chaat
- Take a wide serving plate.
- Place 4-5 papdis,
- Layer each papdi with chopped or mashed boiled potato
- Next spoon Green chutney and sweet tamarind chutney
- Sprinkle some chopped onion, tomato. Finally finish off with sev and coriander leaves. Serve immediately.