Hello everyone, welcome to Kerala! Backwaters, Lovely houseboat, nature view and here comes the classy Kerala lunch with this dry vegetable! Simple, but really delicious! This taste will haunt you until you have it another time, just like the leisure visits to Kerala!
- Carrot – 1/2 cup chopped
- French beans -1/2 cup chopped f
- Oil – 1tbsp or less
- Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafetida -2 pinches
- Curry leaves, torn – 3/4
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Grated fresh coconut – 2-3 tbs (produce the quantity if you don’t like the taste)
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Peel of the carrot skin and wash both carrot and beans.
- Chop them into small pieces
- In a pan, heat oil and when hot, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds, When it stops popping, add the asafetida , followed by curry leaves
- Add finely chopped vegetables, fry for 2 minutes on a medium flame, add chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, masala, turmeric and salt.
- If needed sprinkle 3-4 tbsp water, cover it and cook for 4-5 minutes in low medium heat or till it becomes fully cooked. Make sure there is no water left.
- Finally add shredded coconut and coriander leaves and wait for couple of mins
- Serve hot with paratha
Thanks for visiting my website. For more cooking tips and daily updates, check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DeepaKitchen/ Please do leave your comments and don’t forget to like it if you really do!!