Are you fond of Subway cookies! Have you ever wished to make them @ home!! Well, I was amazed that I could really make similar ones at home! Freshly baked cookies taste like heaven!! Soft texture feels absolutely lovely in mouth.. My son fought with with me when I shared a few cookies with my friends!!
- All purpose flour – 1 and 1/2 cup++
- Salted butter- 8 tbsp
- White sugar (extra fine sugar) – 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar (extra fine sugar) – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Chocolate chips- 3/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Melt the butter in microwave for about 30 seconds. (It shouldn’t be hot)
- In a bowl add butter, white sugar, brown sugar and beat them until you get creamy texture (i used electric beaters)
- Add vanilla essence and egg, beat on low speed for 10-15 seconds (don’t beat longer than this)
- Add half flour, baking soda, salt and mix well using electric beater
- Add remaining half flour and mix well
- Add more flour to make into soft dough (refer below images)
- Mix well using for hand
- You should form one large ball that is easy to handle
- Add the chocolate chips and mix them well
- Drop cookies into un-greased baking tray using a spoon
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cookies look puffy, dry and light golden
- Let them cool for 30 minutes
- These cookies will remain soft for many days if kept in an airtight container.
Important tips :
- Do not over bake
- After baking, take them out from oven (you may think that they’re not done yet)
- Don’t touch them after baking
- Cookies can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks
Thanks for visiting my website. For more cooking tips and daily updates, check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DeepaKitchen/ Please do leave your comments and don’t forget to like it if you really do!!