Wheat Malpua are yummy, but healthy pancakes!! It is not surprising then that this is a traditional favourite in Rajasthan, especially during the unrelenting winter days! The smell of sugary, whole wheat batter & ghee, is enough to get kids excited!
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Desi ghee (clarified butter)
- Baking soda – 1 pinch ( optional)
- In a bowl add wheat flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and mix it
- Add water to form a medium thick batter.
- Make sure you break the lumps of flour. Mix well and keep it aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Again mix it to make into an even paste and add cardamom powder. The batter should have same consistency of idly batter.
- Now, coat your fry pan with ghee generously and heat it
- Now spread batter on it. The size of Malpua should not be too big. Cook on a low flame, turn only when it is cooked well from one side
- Now flip it and fry the other side till it turns into brown color. Drizzle some ghee from sides for better results.
- Serve hot or pack into lunchbox after few minutes
Thanks for visiting my website. For more cooking tips and daily updates, check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DeepaKitchen/ Please do leave your comments and don’t forget to like it if you really do!!