Paniyaram are lightly spiced dumplings, crisp from outside and soft from inside!! It is quite a famous breakfast food in south india.. My son enjoys these in the lunchbox! There are many varieties like Veggie Oats or Cheese Paniyaram. Oats paniyaram is a more healthier option.
- Dosa or idly batter – 1 cup
- Oats – (powdered) ½ cup
- Onions – 2 tbsp
- Tomatoes – 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves -1 tbsp
- Green chilies -1/2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala -1 pinch
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soda 1 pinch
- Oil – 3 tbsp
Take dosa batter add oats powdered, onions, finely chopped tomatoes and green chilies, coriander leaves, garam masala powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, soda and mix it well.
- Preheat the paniyaram pan (also known as Chatti), add oil and pour the batter.
- Cover it and let it cook.
- Then add oil on top of it.
- Using a spoon turn the paniyaram, check the sides. If they are browned, flip them over gently and allow them to cook on the other side.
- Remove with the spatula in your serving bowls.
- Repeat the same for rest of the batter.
Cheese Appe :
- Same as steps 1 to 8 just need to add cheese cubes
- Add batter in half portion each mould. Place cheese cubes and pour little more batter on top.
- Repeat this step for each mould.
Thanks for visiting my website. For more cooking tips and daily updates, check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DeepaKitchen/ Please do leave your comments and don’t forget to like it if you really do!!