Tadka on Idli is like icing on the cake:-) Most kids love the softness of idly, however some might find it difficult to eat with Sambar/Chutney.. Mini Idly Tadka, just gives an extra taste to the Idly and also makes it an easier option for the lunchbox..
- Mini Idli – around 20
- Onion, Carrot,- 2 tbsp (finely julienne chopped)
- Carrot – 2 tbsp
- Capsicum – 1 tbsp [optional]
- Oil/ butter -1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1.5 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green chili – 2 [optional]
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafetida – a pinch
- Curry leaves – a small sprig
- Refer to this link for making Idli
- In a pan, heat butter, temper with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafetida and curry leaves, followed by finely chopped onions. Fry the mix on a medium flame until it becomes transparent .
- Add carrots and saute for few minutes
- Add a pinch of salt, cumin powder, cooked mini idlies and toss well.
- Tadka idli is ready for Kids Lunch Box
Thanks for visiting my website. For more cooking tips and daily updates, check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DeepaKitchen/ Please do leave your comments and don’t forget to like it if you really do!!