Poha Chivda is a very popular snack in Karnataka and Maharashtra..
It’s easy to prepare,very tasty and has a great shelf life.. So I normally stock them up in big container.. If you get unplanned guests at home during Diwali then this will be your savior:-)
- Thin chivda, poha – 500 gm
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera) – 1tsp
- Curry leaves – 12
- Red pepper dried broken in few pieces – 2
- Peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Roasted chana -2 tbsp
- Coconut dried sliced -2 tbsp
- Cashews – 2tbsp
- Turmeric (haldi) – 1tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Chivda masala – 2 tbsp [ i used bedekar chivda masala ] or u can skip ready made masala with (cumin powder, coriander powder,black pepper powder)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar, powderd -1 tsp
- Heat oil, add fried gram dal and fry till golden brown.Use a strainer to drain excess oil. Keep it aside.
- Just like above fry, cashew, ground nuts, coconut dried sliced, independently and keep them aside.
- In same pan of hot oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves,
- Add salt, red chili powder, child masala,Quickly mix
- Add fried cashew, ground nuts, coconut dried sliced, gram dal from step 1-4 above
- Add poha, mix well
- Keep the flame on sim and gently mix the mixture so that poha is nicely coated with all the spices and becomes crispy, Adjust the seasoning if required . Switch off.Let it cool a bit . Add sugar and mix. Chivda is ready.
- Store in airtight container once it cools.Stays crisp for upto a month if handled well.
Thanks for visiting my website. For more cooking tips and daily updates, check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DeepaKitchen/ Please do leave your comments and don’t forget to like it if you really do!!