This is dedicated to Tea Lovers! These simple and lightly salted “Kapani” are an amazing combination with Tea! You can dip them in tea or just eat them after every sip of tea! Just like those chips, No One Can Just Eat One!!
- Maida – 3 cup
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Jeera / Cumin – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – to deep fry
- In a mixing bowl, add maida, oil, Jeera, salt and mix well.
- Add water slowly and knead it to a hard pilable dough (not too loose not too tight). Set aside for 5 mins.
- Knead it again and divide the dough into equal parts
- Take a portion and roll it into a thin circle.Dust some flour if you need. Roll it as thin as possible.
- Using the pizza cutter, cut first vertically and then horizontally to form small diamonds. Carefully, seperate them and keep aside.
- Heat oil in kadai. To check if the oil heated well, first add a tiny portion of dough and check if the oil raises to top immediately
- Now gently gather the diamond shaped dough and sprinkled them inside the oil. Cook in medium low flame
- Turn over and let it cook till it turns golden brown. Drain in tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.
- Repeat the process for the remaining dough.
- Cool down and store in an airtight container
- Serve with tea!
Thanks for visiting my website. For more cooking tips and daily updates, check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DeepaKitchen/ Please do leave your comments and don’t forget to like it if you really do!!