It is quite famous Diwali sweet, also known as Panjabi Pinni! Pinnis are usually made and served in the cold winter months in the Punjab as they give lots of warmth and energy!
- Wheat flour – 1 cups
- Sugar (powder) -1 and 1/4 cup
- Melted ghee – 1/2 cup or more
- Almonds- 1cup
- Cashew nuts – 1 hand full or 1/4 cup
- Walnuts – 1 hand full
- Pista-1/4 cup
- Makhana – 1/2 cup
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kesar – 1/2 tsp
- Place a pan on stove and add 1 cup of wheat flour and 1/4 cup ghee, roast till the colour changes to golden colour and keep aside.
- Grind sugar to a fine powder and set aside. Grind the nuts to a coarse mixture and set aside.Grind makhani to fine powder and keep aside
- Mix nuts powder and makhani powder well
- Add this mixture in too rosted wheat flour, add remaining 1/4 cup ghee, mix well and roast for 5 to 7 min on low flame
- Add cardamom powder and mix well. Keep aside for cooling
- After mixture cools down add powder sugar and 1tbsp ghee [Add this only if u feel mixture is too dry]
- Make small ladoos
- Wheat flour dry fruits ladoo are ready,
- Store in an airtight container. It will remain fresh for 15 days.
Thanks for visiting my website. For more cooking tips and daily updates, check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DeepaKitchen/ Please do leave your comments and don’t forget to like it if you really do!!