- Besan flour / Gram flour- 2 cups
- Salt- 1tsp
- Chilly powder- 1tsp
- Ajwain- 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Cooking oil – Around 2 cups for deep fry
- Sieve besan flour, crush ajwain coarsely using mortar and pestle. Keep them aside.
- In a large bowl add sieved besan flour, salt, red chilly powder, crushed ajwain and 2 tsp oil ( optional )
- Mix it well first, then add water to make besan flour dough. It will be sticky. The consistency of the dough should be just like chapati dough.
- If you feel that the dough is too sticky, grease your hands with little oil and continue kneading
- Now use your Sev Maker machine with disk which has small holes (Use no 4 plate)
- Heat the oil in a Kadai on medium flame for deep frying
- Now fill the Sev Maker with dough and close it tightly
- Hold the Sev maker and release the sev directly into the oil. While releasing, move the Sev Maker in circular motion so that the sev is evenly distributed inside the Kadai.
- The oil will start sizzling as soon as the sev comes in contact with it. Flip all the sev and fry the other side
- Frying should continue until the sizzling reduces in the oil and Sev turns light brown from all the sides
- Remove the Sev from Kadai and drain excess oil using absorbent paper
- Repeat steps above for the remaining three batches of Sev
- Keep aside to cool for 5 to 10 minutes
- Transfer the sev into a deep bowl and break into pieces using your fingers
- For masala version : Sprinkle black salt, chili powder, cumin powder, salt and mix well
- Store in an air-tight container
Thanks for visiting my website. For more cooking tips and daily updates, check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DeepaKitchen/ Please do leave your comments and don’t forget to like it if you really do!!