Cakes are delightful sweets loved by everyone. Banana cakes have a very unique & lightly sweet taste that can ignite your sweet buds immediately. It’s a good way to use to ripe bananas!
- All Purpose Flour – 2 cups
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Light Brown Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Caster White Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Bananas – 3 medium sized ,[ mashed ] -3
- Milk / Almond milk – 1/4 cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Walnuts (chopped) -1/4 cup
- Allspice ground -1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Margarine or Butter, at room temperature (I used Cowhead ) – 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC for 15 min
- Combine milk and apple cider vinegar, mix well & keep set aside.
- Sieve all purpose flour, baking soda, salt and spice directly in the bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and margarine. Mix well, until it becomes light and fluffy. [ Use an electronic beater if you have ]
- Then add the mashed bananas, vanilla and milk-vinegar mixture and mix well
- Add half the flour in wet ingredient. Stir it well and repeat with remaining flour [don’t mix ]
- Add nuts and mix well
- Pour the batter in a greased or lined loaf pan
- Gently tap and shake the pan so that batter settles evenly
- Place the pan in the center rack
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C/350 degrees F for 60 mins (Good way to taste is to insert a toothpick the center of the bread and check if it comes out clean)
- Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a cooling rack for about 15 minutes.
- Then transfer the bread from the pan to the rack and let it cool completely before slicing
- Slice and serve Banana Cake with Tea or Coffe
Thanks for visiting my website. For more cooking tips and daily updates, check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DeepaKitchen/ Please do leave your comments and don’t forget to like it if you really do!!