Attractive, super-tasty, easy & healthy breakfast. Can you believe this is made from Oats! May “Oats” get the popularity it deserves!
- Oats – 1 cup, dry roast for 5 minutes and cool
- Onion – 2 (finely sliced)
- Green chilies – 4, slit
- Garlic – 1tsp (grated)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seed- 1/2 tsp
- Cloves – 2
- Cardamom – 1
- Bay leaf – 1
- Ground nuts – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Curd -1 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a non-stick pan, add the oats and saute on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes till it turns light brown, stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the 1 tbsp oil and ghee in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Add whole spices, ground nuts, green chilis, curry leaves and saute for a minute on a medium flame.
- Add the garlic paste and saute for 30 sec
- Add onions, saute for 2 to 3 minutes then add half chopped coriander leaves
- Add 1 and 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce flame
- Place lid and cook for 2 minutes
- Add curd, cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt
- Add the dry roasted oats and mix well. Place lid for 2 minutes. Turn off heat
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve Hot with pickle
Thanks for visiting my website. For more cooking tips and daily updates, check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DeepaKitchen/ Please do leave your comments and don’t forget to like it if you really do!!