This is a very famous Maharashtrian Dish for breakfast! It’s time to say good bye to those oily vadas. Oil free ones don’t taste bad either.
- Sabudana/ tapioca pearls – 1 cup
- Potatoes, boiled and mashed potatoes – 2 medium
- Peanuts powder – 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds (optional) – 1 tsp
- Chillies finely chopped – 3,4
- Coriander leaves (chopped) (optional) – 1 tbsp
- Ginger (finely chopped) – 1 tsp
- Rock salt
- Oil for brushing
- Soak the sabudana in water overnight (or for at least 4-5 hours)
- Boil potatoes, peel and mash them
- Take a bowl, add soaked sabudana, peanut powder, chopped green chillies, ginger, mashed potato, rock salt, cumin seeds and mix them well
- Now, take a small ball of the mixture and shape into vadas
- Simply brush the vadas with oil and put them in Air Fryer at 180 degrees for about 12 to 15 mins. (If you don’t have Air Fryer then you can deep fry them as well)
- Oil free Sabudana vada is ready. You can serve with any Chutney.
- Sabudana shouldn’t be too soft or hard.
- You need to add the water up to the level of Sabudana and then add little bit more water ( not too much )
- When the Sabudana is fully soaked it will be soft but each Sabudana will be separate and shouldn’t stick to each other
Thanks for visiting my website. For more cooking tips and daily updates, check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DeepaKitchen/ Please do leave your comments and don’t forget to like it if you really do!!