Mashed vegetables and potatoes mixed with spices and deep fried
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 cup chopped mixed vegetables (green peas, carrots, green beans, corn)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (green coriander)
- 2 finely chopped green chilies (adjust to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon mango powder
- 3 tablespoon All Purpose flour (plain flour or maida)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Oil to fry
- Boiled the potatoes until they are tender.
- Once cooked, drain the water and let the potatoes cool down.
- Peel the skin off and mash the potatoes.
- Steam the chopped mixed vegetables.
- Make sure to squeeze the vegetables to take the excess water out and Pat dry.
- Mix all the ingredients togather; adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add 4 tablespoons of water to the All Purpose flour to make a batter and keep aside.
- With oiled hands, divide the mixture into 10 equal parts.
- Shape into flat round patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Dip each patty in the flour batter, and roll the patty in breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Heat the oil on medium high heat in a frying pan.
- Frying pan should have atleast 1 1/2 inch of oil.
- Fry a few cutlets at a time until they are golden-brown on both sides.
- Repeat this until all the cutlets are done. Serve hot.
- serve with coriander chutney, or tamarind chutney or ketchup
- Can used this patty for veggie burgers, adding cheese lettuce, tomatoes, mayonnaise
- If the oil is not hot enough, the patties will break
- If the vegetable/potato mixture looks wet, you can add some breadcrumbs
- You can always change the shape of the cutlets to your desired shape