Lot of people prefer soups only during winter!! It’s a myth… Trust me!! It’s time to include soups into everyday diet.. One, it helps you to reduce intake of food and second it helps you to replace heavy Indian food with some lightweight liquid diet!! This one is quite filling and stomach can be full in couple of small bowls:-)
- Sweet Corn, cream style: 1/2 tin [ i used del monte ]
- Sweet corn kernels, boiled: 1/4 cup
- Spring onion greens, finely chopped: 2 tbsps
- Vegetable stock: 2.5 cups OR water
- French beans, finely chopped- 4
- Cabbage, finely chopped – 2 tbsp
- Carrot, finely chopped- 2 tbsp
- Cornflour: 2 tbsp or more
- Sugar: 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- White pepper powder
- Heat butter, add veggies except spring onions. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add stock. Boil on a low flame.
- Cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Then Add Creme style corn and cook for 1 minute
- Mix the cornflour in water and keep aside.
- Add sugar, salt and white pepper powder and mix.
- Add the cornflour mixture slowly to the soup.
- Do stir continuously till the soup thickens. Turn off heat.
- Serve sweet corn soup warm. Garnish with spring onions
For more cooking tips and daily updates, check out my facebook page:
*Adjust corn flour according to the desired thickness of soup. More corn flour yields a thicker soup.
*How to make Creme style corn at home
1.Take 2 corn cobs, take a share knife and scrap the corn kernels. Melt a 1 tbsp of butter in a pan,
2. Add 3/4th of the corn kernels and saute for 2 minute
3. Blend the remaining corn kernels to a paste. Add this corn paste and 1 tbsp of sugar to the pan and mix well
4. Add 1/4 cup of water and 3 tbsps milk (optional ingredient) and cook for 7-8 mts. Mix 1 tbsp of flour in 3 tbsps water and mix well
5.Add the corn flour mixture and go on stirring till it thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Cool and freeze until use.
6. Creme style corn is ready to use