Isn’t this a kind of an Indian Chat Burger!! It’s a quite popular streetside food available at many Pani Poori stalls in Maharashtra:-)
It does have a unique taste due to special ingredients!!
Serves: 4 – 6
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Boiled potato – 4
- Finely chopped Onions – 1
- Finely chopped Tomato – 1
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Dabeli masala – 2 ,3 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Oil or butter – 2 ,3 tbsp
- Grated Ginger – 1 tsp
- posted Peanuts or spicy peanuts – 1/4 cup
- Mash boiled potatoes
- Heat a butter in a pan then add cumin seeds, grated ginger then chopped onions sauce till it becomes translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for a minute
- Add dabeli masala powder,salt and mix well. Saute till oil starts to separate from spices.
- Add mashed potatoes and mix well, cook for 2 minutes ,then add lemon juice and chopped coriander
- Transfer this mixture in a plate. Garnish with coconut , roasted peanuts, sev, pomegranate seeds and fresh coriander
Garlic Chutney/Red Chutney
- Garlic – 8 -9
- Dried red chilies or fresh red chilis – 4-5
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- stack red chilies in water for half hour
- Blend it along with garlic, lemon juice and salt. Make into a smooth paste by adding little water
- Take pav and slit it horizontally, spread some garlic chutney on one side and tamarind chutney on other side
- Now spread potato filling
- Add some chopped onion,
- Top up with some roasted peanuts and pomegranate seeds.
- Sprinkle some dabeli masala also.
- Heat some butter on tawa , roast it on low flame from both sides
- Serve hot