Mango-King of all Indian fruits!! Anything made from Mango is mouthwatering.
Kulfi is known as “Traditional Indian Subcontinent Ice Cream”!! It is denser and creamier than normal Ice cream..
Mango Kulfi is unarguably “one of its kind” combination which will satisfy you with every bite every time!! The famous law of “Decreasing marginal utility” fails here!!!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Complexity: Very Easy
- Milk – 1 + 1/2 cup
- Custard powder – 1 -2 Tbsp
- Khoya / Mawa – 3 Tbsp
- Sugar – 3 to 4 Tbsp
- Heavy whipping cream – 1/2 cup
- Almond – 15
- Mango puree – 1+ 1/2 cup or 4 mangos
- a pinch of saffron/kesar
- Chopped pistachios – 1-2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Mango essence – 1 tsp [ optional ]
- take saffron and milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- Bring the milk to a boill on low flame for about 15 mins. Do stir frequently. Make sure it is not sticking to the bottom
- Add sugar. stir till the sugar has dissolved.
- Take 1/4 cup of milk in a bowl. add custard powder to it, Mix well, so there are no lumps
- Add this custard powde paste to the milk. keep on stirring for 3-4 minutes
- continue to cook till the mixture thickens,
- Then add khoya ,Mix well and cook till khoya is melted.
- The milk mixture is very thick
- Switch off the flame, let the mixture cool.
- After cooling mixture, milk will thicken more.
- Then Using wire whisk mix it very well and break all the lumps.
- Add heavy cream, mix well
- Then add mango puree and chopped pistachinos mix again
- pour mango kulfi into kulfi moulds. freeze for 8-10 hours.
- serve mango kulfi cold and Garnish with some chopped pistachios n kesar
Notes: Let the milk mixture cool completely, then add mango puree. So the mango flavors stays fresh