This paratha tastes as good as it looks:-)!! Pizza sauce base, evergreen grated paneer and cheese at the top!! It’s almost a pizza hidden behind the wheat roti-) This is pretty easy to make and very filling as well.. I love making stuffed parathas as it saves additional effort/time to make separate subji.. Well not to forget, it’s easy for kids to eat as well!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Complexity: Very Easy
- Whole wheat flour (atta): 2 cups
- Grated mozzarella cheese (at room temperature): 1/4 cups
- Grated Parmesan cheese (at room temperature)- 1/2 cup
- Grated Paneer: 1 + 1/2 cup
- Chopped bell peppers – 1/2 cup
- Chopped onions : 1/2 cup
- Chopped Tomato – 1/4 cup (finely chopped) discard the seeds and juice inside
- Chopped Green chili – 2 [ optional ]
- Italian herb – 1 tsp
- Pizza Sauce or Red Chili Sauce [ i used ching’s Red chili sauce ]
- Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri lal mirch powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chat masala – 1 tsp
- Everest Tandoor masala – 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
- Knead the dough using the flour, oil , salt and sufficient amount of water. The dough should be soft. Divide dough into 12 equal parts.
- In bowl add grated paneer, italian herb ,chilli powder, chat masala powder, cumin powder, Everest Tandoor masala, salt , mix well keep aside
- Take 2 dough portion and roll 1 portion using rolling pin till you get a circular shape, like chapati [not to thick ] then roll another one
- Take one of the rolled circles and place on a flat surface.
- Spread some pizza sauce or chilli sauce on chapatti.
- Then add 2 tbsp paneer filling and spread evenly
- Then Sprinkle chopped capsicum evenly on the paneer layer.
- Sprinkle chopped tomatoes, onions , green chili
- Then top up with some cheese
- Cover it with the other rolled dough circle and seal the edges gently.
- Heat frying tava, put half tbsp ghee and place the paratha on the pan. Cook the paratha on a medium flame till both sides are cooked,apple ghee other side also
- press the paratha edges with a spatula or spoon, so that they are fried well.
- flip again once or twice till both the sides are cooked properly. you should see crisp brown spots on the cheese paratha. press the paratha edges with a spatula or spoon, so that they are fried well.
- Your delicious Paneer cheese paratha is ready.
- Remove the paratha from the tava.
- Using pizza cutter cut parathas in 4, and serve them hot