Surprisingly, this cake has managed to ignite sweet buds of one and all!!! Specially the extra baked border tastes so good that, you wish the cake had infinite borders!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Complexity: Very Easy
- All Purpose flour / Maida – 1+1/2 cups
- Baking Powder – 1+1/2 tsps
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Thick Yogurt – 3/4 cup (at room temperature)
- Vegetable Oil – 1/2 cup
- White granulated sugar – 3/4 cup
- Orange juice – 1/2 cup (Freshly squeezed)
- Orange Zest – 1+ 1/2 tsp [ grated skin of orange]
For Sugar glaze :
- Ground sugar – 3-4 tbsps
- Orange juice – 2 tbsps
- Orange Zest – 1 tsp [ grated skin of orange]
- Preheat the oven in convection mode at 180c for 10 minutes
- In a bowl add the maida, baking powder, baking soda Mix well. Sieve 3 times and set aside.
- Grease a baking pan with line with parchment paper/Butter paper and oil.Keep aside.
- In other bowl mix sugar,yogurt and whisk nicely, you will get a very nice texture.
- then add orange juice, oil and orange zest and mix.
- Add the flour to the oil mixture and mix it with a spatula or whisk in one direction.Do not over beat the mixture. Cake will not rise.The batter should fall like a ribbon.This is the right consistency.
- Pour the batter in the baking pan and tap the bottom for even distribution of batter.
- Now bake the cake in convection mode at 180c for 35-40 minutes.
- Check the cake by inserting a tooth pick or knife in the center of the cake after 30 minutes.If it comes out clean or with little crumbs,cake is done
- If u find the wet batter in the tooth pick,bake the cake for 2-3 minutes more.
- When done, take it out and give a rest of 2 minutes in the pan, then demold and cool on a cooling rack.
Prepare the sugar glaze :
- In a bowl take ground sugar and mix in orange juice little by little. Don’t add entire juice in one go.
- Mix well, once the cake is completely cooled, pour the glaze and let it set for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut into slices and enjoy with Tea.
- You can replace oil with softened butter.
- You can also use canned orange juice.
- Adjust the timing based on the oven