This is my husband’s favorite country side marathi dish.. It’s amazingly spicy and you will sweat as much as you will love it!!! It’s a must try and makes amazing combination with Onion Thalipeeth!!!!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Complexity: Very Easy
- Egg plant (brinjal) – 5
- Chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp\
- Garlic – 20 to 25
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Add garlic cloves in mortor and pestle to crush it down into a paste
- Then add all ingradients except oil [ salt ,cumin seeds, masala, carinder leaves ], make a smooth paste
- Wash eggplants. Hold the eggplant vertically and give 2 slits. It should look like plus sign (+). Do not cut through the eggplant into pieces
- Now stuff these eggplants with the mixture.
- Add oil in small kadai or wok then add all stuffed eggplants
- Then turn on gas, Keep the heat on low flame
- Cover the wok with lid
- Let the eggplants cook on the steam. Change the position of eggplant after 4-5 minutes.
- Again cover the walk with lid ..cook for 10 min
- Use knife to check whether Eggplants are done.
- Once cooked thoroughly, serve hot with OnionThalipeeth, Bhakari or chapatti.