This was my valentine’s day surprise and it was indeed a lovely surprise!!!:-) Starting with creamy taste at the top, your taste buds will taste something different until you gallop the piece!!! You will be left in another unique sweetish flavor in you mouth for couple of hours!!!!
- All Purpose Flour – 1and 1/2 cups
- Granulated Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Baking Soda -1/2 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt -1/4 tsp
- Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
- Vegetable Oil / butter /olive oil – 1/2 cup (i used oil oil ]
- Curd -1 cup
- Red Food Colour – 1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – t tsp
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Into a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda,baking powder, salt and cocoa powder
- Preheat your oven at 180 degree C.
- In another bowl, add curd, sugar, olive oil, milk and vanilla extract or essences mix well till curd become smooth
- Then add the food colour and mix well
- Add all of the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together by hand until mixture turns into a smooth paste [about 15 strokes, don’t mix too much ]
- Grease bottom of two 8-inch heart-shaped cake pan and dust with some flour
- Pour the mixture in to the pan
- Bake at 350 F (180 C) for about 25-30 minutes. Best way to verify is to insert a toothpick in the center of the cake and check if it comes out clean.
Vanilla Whipped-Cream Frosting
- Heavy or whipping cream – 3 cups
- Granulated sugar -5 tsp
- Vanilla extract or essence -1 tsp
- Rose essence – 1/2 tsp
- Chill the steel bowl along with whisk attachment of a stand mixer for 20 min and then in the freezer for 5 min.
- Now get the chilled steel bowl and the chilled heavy cream out of the fridge and beat the cream to stiff peaks. I put top bowl above a bed of ice in bottom bowl, to save from the afternoon heat.
- Now whisk on medium-high speed until it just starts to thicken.
- Slow the speed down to medium and gradually pour sugar. Continue to whisk until soft peaks form.
- Add the vanilla extract , rose essence and continue to whisk until the cream is smooth and stiff peaks form (the cream will stand up straight when the whisk is raised).
- Split the cake horizontally into two halves
- Ensure that your cake layer is cooled completely
- Place one cake layer on a serving platter and spread the frosting to the edges of the cake
- Add another cake layer, and cover the top and sides of the cake with a thin coating of frostin
- Garnish your cake with heart shaped sweets