This is one those light-in-mouth and lightly sweetish Indian cookies!!! Dont be surprised if they disappear in mouth almost instantly:-) Keep them ready as they are good companions in long parties.. Specially playing cards or board games..!!!
- All purpose flour – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Gram flour – 1/2 cup
- Semolina /sooji /rava- 1/2 cup
- Sugar(powdered)- 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 cup (semi solid) / i used homemade ghee
- Cardamom powder / Elaichi powder – 1 tsp
- Pistachios (coarsely pounded)
- In a separate bowl, sieve all purpose flour ,besan ,sooji
Sieve powdered sugar
- Take ghee and powdered sugar in another bowl, beat them using a wired whisk or hand till it gets fluffy.
- Then add cardamom powder and beat again
- Now add all dry ingredients in, mix well and make a soft dough using hand
- Divide dough into 25 equal portions
- Make small flat balls/ Pedas using the palms of your hand
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree C
- You can also make criss-cross cut using knife over top surface of each cookie .
- Top up pinch of pistachios on each one of them and press gently with finger
- Place the baking tray in the oven at 180 degree C for 15 – 18 minutes.[ keep enough space between each cookie because it will expand in size during baking],
- Remove baking tray from oven and transfer cookies over cooking rack
- After cooling for some time, store in an air tight container.