World has two kinds of people, those who love chocolate & those who don’t!. I am sure at least one person will move into Chocolate lovers, with this brownie:-)
These brownies are spectacular. The chocolate is not overpowering, yet they are rich. The texture is moist and decadent, yet not overwhelming. These brownies are so easy to make, that it’s the perfect go-to recipe. It’s hard to find enough superlatives to describe how wonderful they are.
- All purpose flour (Maida) – 3/4 cup
- Caster sugar [ extra fine ] – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoon
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Semi sweet Chocolate chips [ Hershey’s brand] – 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder – 1/3 cup
- Unsalted Butter – 1 stick (1/2 cup), melted and cooled
- Chocolate sauce (Refer to the link for the recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C for at least 10 minutes.
- First melt the butter in microwave . And let it cool while you prepare baking pan and other ingredients. I recommend using unsalted butter.
- Lightly apply butter to baking tray. Line it with parchment paper with sides up. So it will be easy to lift up after it bakes. Apply butter on the parchment paper as well.
- Take all purpose flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl
- Now sift the cocoa powder to remove lumps.
- Mix well
- Now take melted and cooled butter in another bowl. Add yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Whisk well till everything gets mixed.
- Add dry flour mixture.
- Mix well. Do not over mix. Add chocolate chips mix well.
- Now pour the batter into baking pan.
- And bake it into pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes @ 180 C. Check by inserting a knife in the center, if it comes out clean then it is ready.
- Let brownie cools completely for about 30 mins before cutting.
- Cut into pieces using sharp knife
- Dust them with powdered sugar and serve.
- Add chocolate sauce if you like before serving it
- If using salted butter then skip the salt in the recipe.
- It can be kept in air-tight container up to 2-3 days at room temperature. Or it can be refrigerated for 5 days in air-tight container.